Friday, April 4, 2008

The Empire Strikes Back

Good crowd for TNP last night. A total of 8 players on 2 tables, so lots of points to divy up. Me, Mark, Deb and Nick at one table, Adam, Crystal, Justin and Shane at the other. And a change in the bottom of the pack. Acquiescing to Mark's request to make it a DOT night, we soon dropped the Omaha for 7 or 5 card stud, making it a STD night. So, let's jump right into it.

Having to show up just to defend his position against an encroaching Justin, the last thing Mark needed was to be first out, yet that's just what happened. He finished the night with 1 point and his hands on the dog leash and saltines.

Hoping to build on the momentum he started last week, Nick finished in 7th place after having a hard day at work. He'll add 2 points and 2 Ibuprofin to his total.

So much for the quad-peat. I didn't even finish in the top half, so I'll add 3 points, thanks to Justin.

After putting me out, Justin bowed out next with 4 points. Shane's trip Aces edged out his trip Kings! Still, how can you go all night betting big on a pair of 4s and yet he put me out by beating my flush with a full house?

Adam was next to exit the contest with 5 points. I could hear him and Crystal going at each other all night. I wonder about those 2 some times.

In fact, she was next out with 6 points. Anyone else see a pattern here? Hmmm.

The heads up came down to two nemesis with lots of history and each eager to put the other one out. When the heads up started, they were both about as even in chips as anyone could be. It's been said that there are no friends or kin when you sit down at the poker table, and these two battled it out like sumo wrestlers, going back and forth trying to push the other over the edge. Finally, Shane succumed and ended the night with 8 points.

Finally, after a long drought, Deb was able to claim victory at a TNP and garnered 10points for her efforts, taking a solid second place in the standings and only 11 points from the top spot. The old guard is back! Let it be known that you can't keep us down for long, and the game has just begun! As in the days of old, Deb and I are at the top looking down!

NAME__________PLACE__________POINTS
Mark______________8__________1
Nick______________7__________2
Jeff______________6__________3
Justin____________5__________4
Adam______________4__________5
Crystal___________3__________6
Shane_____________2__________8
Deb_______________1__________10

There you have it. Some moved up, some moved down. With only 1/4 of the year gone, there's still plenty of time for even the bottom feeders to come to the top for air. Tune in next week for another thrilling chapter in the saga of Thursday Night Poker at the Admiral's Bed and Breakfast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had TWO full houses last night. I only bet big on a pair of fours once, because I KNEW Adam was bluffing...The next time I bet on the fours I blame on exhaustion. Still, I achieved what I was going for and passed Mark. :)

Anonymous said...

Yea, well Justin wanted to cheat earlier in the game.

-adam

Anonymous said...

Oh please!!! You thought of it first...I just didn't oppose.