Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Night of the Living Dead"

Once again coming from a near early demise, Deb, our heroic leader wins the night.
Two weeks in a row and I am excited to report that ALL of us made it to the final table. I couldn't be more thrilled. Deb, Jake, Adam, Justin, Crystal, and myself (Mark) were all in attendance working whole heartedly for the top prize of 8 points.
Peaking early was Justin and myself as we were gettin the cards. They were for sure in our favor. Now a run-down of the night:

As we were approx. 45 min in the game I knew who our first 2 players of the night would be out, Deb and Adam and I must say that I was excited to know that these 2 great players were going to be out. I mean seriously, take your pick! Heads up against Deb OR Justin? I know who I would choose!! Jake continued to maintain his own, while Justin and I continued to do rather well. Crystal on the other hand was well.....sagging (haha) in the chip count.
As the play continued, the God of Luck showed his presence and shed light on Deb, Jake, Adam, Justin and Crystal. Noticed one name was left out. As play continued the chips were mostly passed around as we did not up the blinds until near the end of the night and that would therefore prove that the remaining players were playing on little to no sleep.
Deb was the first all in of the night to come back and win her first all in. Deb must have phoned a friend in Singapore as she was coming back and lashing the competitors. Secondly Justin decided to go all in with his weak amount of chips and the God of Luck was in favor of Justin as he won his. Each player EXCEPT for myself went all in and of course they won their all ins.
Several great hands were seen as there were, 4 of a kind 7's and 4 of a kind
Kings, and 4 of a kind Queens, several full houses and several straights, (excluding Deb and Crystal)
Near the end of the night, Adam decided that he was going to stay in as long as I did and FINALLY after much praying to the God of Luck, he decided to show me some love and Adam was out. Do not let Adam tell you he was tired and had to work early the next morning. His tall-tales can't keep going on like this.
To end the night, Justin was the first out, then Adam, then Me, follwed by Crystal, Jake, and the winner of the night, Deb, who whooped ass and took names. You go girl!!!!
I just want to add that Justin and I had a great time hosting at our home and I personally look forward to playing poker, conversing, and hanging out with an awesome crowd of friends. I think you guys and gals are awesome and I am glad that we are all friends, and that we have the opportunity to be who we truly are when were together. Thank you to everyone who attended poker.

1 comment:

Admiral Ross said...

Great report and thanks for hosting the game! See you all next Thursday!